June 8th - 10th, 2018
The 5th annual Freedom Cup Invitational Soccer Tournament is a great way for teams to wrap up the Spring season and welcome Summer. Teams from across the northeast will be sending players to Freehold to take part in this weekend of competitive soccer.
This GotSoccer points-awarded tournament is sanctioned by both US Club Soccer and the USYSA and played under the jurisdiction of the NJYSA and will allow teams the chance to vie for the right to hoist the Freedom Cup. Over 130 teams participated in the 2017 tournament.
· All teams will play a minimum of 3 games with the chance to play in a final
· A 1-man referee system will be used for U8 through U10 for all qualifying games and a 3-man referee system will be used for championship games
· A 3-man referee system will be used for U11 through U15 for all games
· All 16 fields spread across 3 venues offer pristine natural grass fields
· Preferential scheduling for coaches of multiple teams
· Food and merchandise vendors located at each site with plenty of room for teams to setup tents and enjoy time between games
· Complimentary parking
· A champions cup awarded to each team that finishes in first place
· Trophies awarded to first and second place team players in all age divisions
· Every player participating in the tournament receives a tournament giveaway
· The exchanging of club patches is optional but encouraged.
Located just minutes from the beautiful Jersey Shore, this weekend will provide teams not only competitive soccer but the release they need after a hard day on the pitch.
Games will be played at site locations in Freehold on Friday (local teams only), Saturday and Sunday (all teams).
All teams participating must have approved player passes, medical release forms, and a copy of their approved roster. NJYS teams do not to have their medical release forms notarized. Medical releases for USYSA teams from states other than New Jersey do not need to be notarized if their respective State Association does not require them to be notarized. Out of State USYSA teams need to have Permission to Travel from their State Association to participate. US Club Soccer teams do need medical releases but they do not need to be notarized. US Club Soccer teams do not need Permission to Travel.
Online registration and payment is used for the tournament and credit card and e-check are the only accepted payment methods for the tournament. No payments will be accepted at the tournament. If your team is not accepted for any reason, you will receive a full refund. If you are accepted and drop out, you will forfeit your application fee.
AGE AND ELIGIBILITY:
Make sure to select the age group for which you will be participating in the 2018 Spring Season
· The tournament is open to all Club teams that participate in classic, regular, or premier league play.
· No State Select team or teams formed solely for the purpose of tournament play are eligible.
· U8 (2010), U9 (2009) and U10 (2008) are limited to a maximum of fourteen (14) rostered players (including 3 guest players)
· U11 (2007) and U12 (2006) are limited to a maximum of sixteen (16) rostered players (including 3 guest players)
· U13 (2005), U14 (2004) and U15 (2003) are limited to a maximum of 18 rostered players (including 3 guest players)
· Players may only participate on one team during the tournament.
· Secondary player passes are permitted.
U8 (2010), U9 (2009) and U10 (2008) will play (7v7) short sided
U11 (2007) and U12 (2006) will play (9v9) short sided
U13 (2005), U14 (2004) and U15 (2003) will play (11v11) full sided
All teams will play a minimum of 3 games with the chance to play in a final
A 1-man referee system will be used for U8 (2010), U9 (2009) and U10 (2008) age groups for all qualifying games and a 3-man referee system will be used for championship games
A 3-man referee system will be used for U11 through U15 age groups for all games
$445 U8 (2010), U9 (2009), U10 (2008)
$545 U11 (2007), U12 (2006)
$645 U13 (2005), U14 (2004), U15 (2003)
Teams which have participated in the 2017 Frightfest Tournament will receive a $100.00 registration fee discount upon acceptance.
All applications must be received by Sunday, May 20, 2018 which is when the application process will be closed.
All registration will be done via e-registration and teams must register electronically on GotSoccer. E-registration will be open from Monday, May 21, 2018 through Sunday, June 3, 2018.
Instructions for e-registration are: You will receive a confirmation email that you are registered. If you do not receive this email, YOU ARE NOT REGISTERED and you should contact email@example.com.
For US Youth Soccer, NJYS or State Passes
For US Club Soccer
For all teams outside of the state of NJ using US Youth Soccer Cards
UPLOADING TO GOTSOCCER:
After you have gathered the appropriate documents to register your team, please scan or create PDF files for each document type, as they will be uploaded separately. Please use appropriately descriptive names:
It is recommended when scanning multiple player cards to fill as many on an 8.5" x 11" piece of paper as possible, thus requiring fewer "ID Card" attachments. Please be sure to combine all of the player passes into a single pdf and please be sure to keep docs under 6 MB.
Follow the instructions below:
Once you're at that point, you can upload the following information into GotSoccer:
Below is instructions on how to set your team tournament roster and how to add a guest player.
Adding a Guest Player
Please remember when uploading your player passes Freehold Soccer needs the side with the pass/id #.